I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

breather

Sometimes, you have to put your current project in time-out and take a breather. Last Saturday, I took my daughter on a little daytrip to Olana, which is only about a 45 minute drive for us.
The weather was spectacular.


After our tour, we had a picnic lunch on the lawn below the building.
We admired the architecture and the fine decorative touches.






This is the view from the terrace:



New York's Hudson Valley. The Church family surely knew what they were doing when they built therir house on top of that particular hill.
And you know what's on the other side of that hill?
A yarn shop. With baby angora bunnies in the bunny barn next door.
Crafty Girl and I were the only customers at the time, and Claudia, the owner, gave us plenty of time and space to look around her fabulous collection of wool (and some cotton) yarns. I picked some patterns, and only one skein of wool.
And then it happened: Crafty Girl walks up to me with a handful of Fixation cotton/lycra yarn. "I really like these three colors together....but then I saw this, and I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT" . A purple variegated.
Of course I bought it for her. What knitting mom doesn't like to hear those words?

No comments: