I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Monday, July 9, 2007

shawl=done

I blocked the shawl overnight, and here it is.

The specs:

Decadent Fibers "Marshmallow", undyed, 2 hanks @ 315 yards.
This is a blend of 80% alpaca and 20% merino.

Pattern: Evelyn Clark's Shetland Triangle from the book Wrap Style.

Needle size: 6, 32 in circular, but a 24 in would have been enough.

I added 2 repeats of the main pattern (10 instead of 8). No problems at all, anywhere in the pattern; it's well written.

The shawl came out slightly heavier (I imagine) than the one in the book because they used fingering weight and I had sportweight. But I still think it came out OK, don't you?


And now I have to say goodbye -- to the shawl --


-- because tomorrow morning, I have to deliver it so it can begin its journey to trade shows and Stitches East and the NYS Sheep and Woolfest!

3 comments:

Joan said...

Absolutely beautiful but I knew it would be. Great job!

Kristine said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work! But then I would expect it of you! Oh, and yes, I'm back home. Had a wonderful time. I'll tell you all about it soon.