I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Halftime Report, part 2

This scarf was the first project I made for the challenge. I barely am able to even admit I made it, let alone take a picture and show you. The yarn came deep down from the stash, and it harks back to the Scarf Craze, back to when I first had my yarn shop.


This baby sweater is not finished yet, I don't seem to have to time or patience right now to be picking up stitches for a button band. However since it is a baby gift for a little girl born almost 3 weeks ago, I better hurry up! Morehouse Merino pattern, but washable wool from Filatura di Crosa.


Also last week, I started the "fylingdales" sweater from a fine fleece.


Bound off but no ends woven in: a rectangular stole in all oranges and some pink and pale yellow. A total mix of fibers, held double with a strand of laceweight mohair/nylon.

180 sts, size 10.5 needles; stitch pattern: knit on the right side; k1, p1 rib on the wrong side.





This next one took me a week to make, and I loved it...again, a mix of orphan balls, about 450 yards worth of worsted weights; double stranded with Douceur et Soie laceweight kid mohair and silk. It added a fine halo to the whole shawl that makes it look very cozy and elegant. Size 10.5 needles. The edging is 1.5 balls of chinchilla by Berroco.






I can't help it, I love garter stitch in a shawl...

So together with the last post, you can see what I was able to make during the last 2 weeks.

Onward!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that second shawl!

Ellen

Joan said...

That's a ton of knitting in two weeks! I love them all and I like garter stitch too.

Anonymous said...

Karin, I love everything you have made. the shawls are my favorites. you are an inspiration. I love your mix of color combinations. Can't wait to see the rest.

Anonymous said...

whoa you have been busy ! this is so exciting to watch. i am going to go knit right now.

magnusmog said...

So much work:)

Jody said...

Some people have a thing for shoes, with me it's shawls. I LOVE them both! And the soft mauve colors on the second one look so cozy and peaceful. I can see someone knitting in front of a warm fire, all wrapped in this, with a contented kitty sitting at her feet...Ok, back to reality!

Anonymous said...

Great work. The scarf is a blast from the past. I still have a lot of the railroad ribbon in my stash, too. Along with various sparkly and fuzzy samples. Cathy

Anonymous said...

Karin--I am just in awe. I have knit barely a stitch since I last saw you..but made 150 invites.

Anonymous said...

The shawls are just beautiful! You certainly have been busy. I'm checking blogs now because I don't want to rip back to fix a mistake :-(
Beth

AmyS said...

My gosh, Karin - you sure have been busy! Everything is so beautiful, too. Good luck with the challenge, but take good care of your wrists. :)