I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

hiatus shmiatus

I can't hide anymore, it's too boring, besides Leah blogged about what she made with my yarn.

:-)

We have storm #6 going on right now, I'm home from work all week, and today turned out to be a putzing around kind of day. Sorting yarn, unraveling old projects, gathering leftovers for the retreat this weekend.

Leah's projects are so wonderful they make me cry, and then I have folks wondering how they can get at the yarn. She used my 100% merino sport weight yarn, it has a whopping 400 yards per skein. They retail for $18/skein.

Here's full disclosure of what I have left. Since these skeins are no good to anyone just sitting here, waiting for the next craft fair, I am bringing them to my friend Stephanie's yarn shop in West Sand Lake (outside of Troy and Albany) TOMORROW, JAN. 29th, and you can go look at them in person and pet them and take some home if you want to.
Two of these would make a beautiful lace shawl...

Color names below each picture.

caramel

grasshopper


lavender



poiple




sky blue




sun yellow




reds


orange





cotton candy pink

Not THE biggest selection ever, but you get the idea. If even 3 people buy a couple of skeins, I'll feel like I can order more of the yarn and get dyeing again.
I will also bring a bin of the superwash merino worsted, ( 270 yards, $18/skein) and we will see how much room Stephanie has in her shop to display it.
Later! Stay warm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karin, I think the yarn pictures look great. On my screen they look pretty accurate to when I saw them in person.

The shoppers at Wool 'n Word are some pretty lucky knitters :-)

Jody said...

Oh good! I'm glad you're back. BTW, I didn't know you were from Brooklyn! POIPLE!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I am on my second sock with your beautiful sock yarn...it is so nice. i woull ike somein pinks or reds next time youare dying!:)

Dorah

Vivian said...

The colors are so pretty! I hope one day you can make it to Stitches West or have a west coast shop carry your yarn, so I can see them in person too.

magnusmog said...

The yarn is soooo lovely - I tried to leave a comment at Leah's blog too but the gremlins got it.