I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

a day in the snow and sun

Yesterday I took Crafty Girl to Jiminy Peak, a ski resort less than an hour away from us.

The whole resort is powered by a giant wind turbine.


Crafty Girl was even sporting her 'I heart wind turbines' t-shirt!



I rented some skis, boots and poles, and after 22 years of not skiing at all, it came right back to me! My dad taught me how to ski when I was a wee one, and I got to be an expert skier by the time I hit my teens. The day brought back many happy memories for me.

However, I did NOT make it up to the summit!


I am too out of shape to risk spending $58 for a lift ticket...besides, Crafty Girl would certainly not be ready to negotiate real runs.



We stuck with the bunny hill at the bottom. I got a good workout climbing up a few times and gliding down while she was in her first snowboarding lesson ever, which I gave her on the occasion of her upcoming birthday on Satuday.



She took a few falls and is sore today. But I am very proud of her for trying! As for playing sports, she decided she likes soccer much better. :)

4 comments:

Jody said...

Oh how I envy you Karin! I used to love to go ice skating on an outdoor rink all winter long but my orthopedic surgeon would kill me if I broke one of his perfect hips! LOL! It looks like you and CG had a wonderful time and now she has some great times to put into her memory bank too!

Mehna said...

Karin,

I hope you weren't stuck too late last night! You were talking about the turbine last night and, wow, it is huge!

Looks like a lot of fun. What a great birthday gift!

Mehna (I should probably change my GMail moniker! I'm retired from Roller Derby!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Anne Marie. In a few years she'll be ready for the Albany High Ski Club. Cathy

Anonymous said...

Brave, brave women... (Brrr...) Never skied in my life. Knew I'd break too many bones if I tried.