My dear friend Amy finished the acrylic one weeks ago, and donated it to a local agency in Bennington, VT, that helps teenage moms. Thank you Amy!
Meanwhile, the measurements for the a 4 A blanket were falling short of their requirements. Pat, a workshop participant, made 10 (!!!) more squares. I made 2 more, which added up to two more rows of squares.
I finished last week and mailed it out. The final dimensions were 32x42 inches after blocking.
For each row, I crocheted 6 squares together. Then I crocheted 8 rows together into the afghan. It was nice having it on my lap while I was working on it, and was imagining the little child it would eventually cover.