I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

blanket project

I am home dyeing sock yarn today but keep running over to ravelry. There is a lot of activity going on in the Fans of afghans for Afghans forum. I am volunteering to put two blankets together (12 squares each, 10x10 inches per square). If you are on ravelry and are checking that out, I am hosting US blankets number 2 and 4. (There are Canadian ones, too, if you read this and live in Canada.)

These blankets are being made in memory of Kay's husband Peter. Kay had requested that if knitters wanted to do something for her, to make a contribution to a4A.
I'll keep you posted as soon as those squares from all over the country arrive at my doorstep! The deadline is May 1st; then I have about 10 days to put them together.

I tell you, every time something like this happens, I am just glad I can pick up my needles and DO something.

3 comments:

AlisonH said...

You are a peach! Count me in!

melanie said...

Wow! I can't tell exactly what all is happening, but it feels good and seems daunting - if I can help in any way...

magnusmog said...

That's such a great thing. I'm too far away to join in so I'll donate to a local charity instead. It is good to be able to do something.