I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

a first

Not so much a resolution, but the realization that it's time for me to learn new things. Step out of the comfort zone and tackle old fears, ineptitudes, find new territory.
I am finally going to learn how to draw.
I still draw like a 2nd grader. Paint, that's a little different, I can do abstract at least, let the brush take over, and be happy with the colors. Drawing something that I see and have it be a representation of what I think I see...forget it.
There is a course called "Drawing for the Absolutely Terrified" at the local arts center. And while I am not terrified (I mean, who would be terrified of a piece of paper and a pencil??), I am a beginner. I just signed up for it, and it starts next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hello Karin,
this is Vanessa, I use to come into your shop in Albany - so glad to see you have a blog. It is now in my Fav places :) Come and visit mine. www.butterflyjo.blogspot.com

I haven't posted in a while as I have been travelling back and forth to CT to help my dad in a nursing home. Also I have jury duty all week. I am a juror! Ugh
Chat later