I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Monday, March 5, 2007

emerging

I have emerged from under the baby elephant that was sitting on my sinuses the last few days. I finally slept so much that it must have gotten bored and left. Here are the finished Opal Lollipop socks.
That's all I finished. No, I don't bother to match up the pattern with self-patterning socks.


This is what I am working on now (while still working on all the WIP's I showed you last time.) It's the Child's First Sock from Nancy Bush's book "Knitting Vintage Socks". I have the shell pattern memorized now and am on a roll. The yarn I am using is Jaeger baby merino 4 ply, very soft and bouncy, like a baby. :) I am going to a knitting retreat with Nancy Bush in three weeks' time, and I figure I'll get some of her socks done! I also started the very first pattern in the book, called Madder Socks. I am using the new Tofutsies yarn for it. Not much there to show you yet, but I gotta tell you that yarn is slippery as all get out. I am glad I have my Brittany Birch needles to help hold on to the yarn.
The plan is to knit my way through that book. I love most of the socks, and can think of people who would like them, including me...

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, gorgeous, Karin.