I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Thursday, March 1, 2007

landing

After the excitement of the last few days, I have landed back on earth. However, it hit my like a ton of bricks that the month of February is over! Hey, I need a couple more days to finish these projects! See, at the beginning of the year, I decided to organize my knitting life and make sure I finish a certain number of projects each month. If at all possible, I would make one pair of socks, knit one charity project for a child, and make a sweater or a shawl. Plus keep working on the designs for submission.

This is where it's at:

This little pink sweater -- the eyesockets you see are pocket openings -- is not finished. Started in January. Size 4. Encore Worsted, size 8 needles.


This baby sweater for the little guy next door is not done. Started last Tuesday, artyarns, size 6 needles.

This colorful pair of socks, not done. Finished the first sock last summer. Found it all lonely in a basket, crying for a mate. Opal Lollipop, size 1.5 needles.



This purply pair did get finished, and delivered, yesterday. Started on Monday. Size 8 needles, so FAST! They're for A4A. Wool/alpaca yarn.
I am soldiering on. I realized that the ton of bricks that hit me is actually a cold that is sitting on my sinuses like a baby elephant. The pressure, the pressure! No wonder I would not keep my eyes open last night just to finish the Opal sock. No wonder I am telling you the projects aren't finished when you can clearly see that they are not.
I'll see you in a couple of days, when I've wriggled my way out from under the baby elephant.




1 comment:

Kristine said...

But your camera is working again, hooray! And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one whose knitting life looks like this.