I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quick! Slow down!

Thank you, thank you everyone that wrote to me. The comments and Happy Birthdays are still coming in. That's my favorite part: knowing I am surrounded by dear friends like you.

To give you some Thursday reading, here's an article from the New York Times (Of course. It's my homepage). You must go to the second page of the article to see the picture of the Icelandic knitter making a rug with giant cables on giant needles out of wool made only from sheep that she met personally.

Of course, to have caught the paper's attention, things needed to be extreme, like that rug. But don't you just want to say, Yeah? So? We knitters have known all along that slow, as in hand made, is good. We even go to sheep and wool festivals and pet sheep and buy fleeces and spin them!

I don't think I have to put a speed bump in my living room any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check your front porch - a little bird left a little package! Sharon F.