I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Friday, February 1, 2008

some people...

Having talked about myself a lot this week, and getting a little uncomfortable with it now, I would like to direct your attention to some people today who I much admire.

Some people know how to add color, and art, and gracefulness, to our lives. By being who they are, they open up new worlds to you. I would like to encourage you to take your time with these, because one entry will not give you the whole story. Read each one as if it's the only blog you're reading today, or the only site your visiting. I think they deserve it.

moonstitches is a German woman living in Japan. She knits, crochets, sews, takes breathtaking photographs. The reason I am talking about her today is because she took pictures at the Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival. Link your way to her flickr pictures.

Amy lives in Israel, and she makes many things with equal attention to detail. Her baking always looks so scrumptious, I just want to go straight to her house and plop myself down at her kitchen table! Then there's her cards. And her knitting. Just check a few of her posts, and you'll know what I mean. ( Amy also just gave me an award, and I hope to have returned the favor. See her Jan 26th entry.)

Jared at brooklyntweed had me at...oh I don't know. His blog and pictures, his spinning and knitting are so incredibly comforting. Is that a weird thing to say? Well, take a look for yourself.

Barbara Bash. I had the good fortune to meet her and spend the entire weekend with her last weekend at the retreat. She is a very deep, thoughtful, creative woman. That's all I need to say.

Spidey. Smiles!

1 comment:

SpiderWomanKnits said...

Thanks Karin!

Hope you had a great birthday!