I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Monday, May 19, 2008

a little story with a happy ending

Every Friday for the last year or so, I go here:


I get to help my friend Stephanie (below, left) in her yarn shop, which is part of her house. We have been friends since before both of us had yarn shops. Right here, she is helping her customer, Annette, with a felting project (right after I took this picture, they ran off to the washer).

Every Friday, I get to look at beautiful yarn, but this past Friday was extra special. New shipments of sock yarn had come in.

On the right in this tub, we have Farmhouse Yarns Bo Peep's Sock yarn.

On the left, and shown bigger in the next picture, is Ancient Threads (blog) naturally dyed sock yarn. Since I had just obtained a skein of the Farmhouse Yarn at the recent tradeshow, I opted for one of these as my payment for the day. It's the one in front with the slight yellow streaks. The rest of the skein is mostly pinks and roses.



And that's the skein that Kristine will get as her prize for being the first commenter who guessed right that I was attending a workshop with Cat Bordhi yesterday. An anonymous person who I am unable to identify, got both the name and the place: WEBS. Anonymous, if you tell me who you are, I'll send you a consolation prize. Don't worry, it'll be something nice.

Last but not least, a huge enormous thank you to the wonderful Liz who offered up her seat in the class when she realized she wasn't going to make it. And to Stephanie who facilitated the whole thing. And to my husband who just said: You should go!

5 comments:

magnusmog said...

you get paid in yarn - doesn't get any better than that!

Kristine said...

ZOMG!! I never won anything in my whole life ever!!

/happy dance!!!

Oh, and beautiful yarns and suchlike! hehe. :)

yoel said...

Wow! That yarn looks divine!

Anonymous said...

I am emcknits from raverly. Sorry I don't have a google account. I will send you a message when I get home. (You don't have to post this). Did you enjoy the sale at webs also?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kristine! That is some beautiful yarn and what nice pictures of Stephanie & the shop!