I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

WWKIP day

It's June 14th, Happy World Wide Knitting in Public Day!

Where will you be knitting today?

I thought about going to my friend Stephanie's yarn shop today, she has a big front porch on her house by the side of the road.

But I have to be good. Last night, I cleaned up the front yard, today I have to go get some more top soil and mulch, maybe a couple of plants.

I'll give you a glimpse of the backyard. The star dogwood is blooming very nicely this year. Please ignore the old garage with the flaking paint in the background. Tall Son will be commissioned to take care of it over the summer.

I took these pictures near dusk the other night:



Peonies under the dogwood canopy:

Roses are blooming in abundance; I do not know any variety names, though...



I hope you have a great weekend, also celebrating Father's Day! Of course you don't have to be a dad to love and support kids...all the best, and Thank You, to all the guys who make a difference in a child's life.

3 comments:

magnusmog said...

How lucky are you having a tall son who does DIY. Must suggest that to the equally tall stepson.... :)

Jody said...

Gorgeous flowers! And a big pat on the back to tall son for all his help. I had weekend out of town family guests so the closest I got to knitting in public was out on my deck! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Our star dogwood is spectacular this year, too. Wish it would last longer, but it is just starting to look a tad bit carmel along the edges. Aren't they wonderful!