Here's a quick follow up to the previous post.
Thank you everyone for your input about the baby hat. I was ready to mail it out, but my friends are telling me to please wait until the beginning of September. That's when they will return home with the baby, after the adoption has been completed.
I am sure that the hat will be too small by then! I have decided to give the little hat to Chicks with Sticks. I know it will go to a good cause. My friends will measure their baby's head in a couple of weeks and tell me which size hat they need.
Tall Son, on the other hand, has requested I do not knit anything for him. Especially not an afghan. That's why I said ,"I am trying very hard not to knit for him." (Though I think it would make ME feel better if I could knit him something, he would just not wear/use anything made by me right now. I think he's trying to be independent or something.)
I am totally fine with that, as he has a comforter and a fleece blanket already that he wants to take with him to college, and he has a fleece hat, too. He just prefers that right now...while in 8th grade, he had waited and waited for me to make him a winter hat, and I just didn't get around to it. I still had my yarn store at the time, and, you know, the cobbler's children, etc.
One day he finally was done waiting and said, just give me the yarn and needles, I'll make the hat myself. And he did. His math brain was fascinated by the crown decreases.
We still have the hat, I wear it occasionally in the wintertime.
I might do so again this year.