I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School

It was back to school for Crafty Girl today! First time without her big brother, and she did great.

She decided to use the same backpack as last year and embellish it! She had received a very nice kit as a gift at her half-birthday party which allows you to make your own iron-ons. There were templates she used. We also found a peace patch and put that on.
We'll see how many more things will be added throughout the school year!


On the knitting front, I managed to knit up 270 yards of worsted weight yesterday, almost finishing a baby cardigan.
I don't want to fall behind too much on the yardage count, so today I am starting a stole where I am using a mix of worsted weights, but am running along a strand of lace weight mohair blend...thereby doubling my yardage used with every stitch.
Have a good day today!

5 comments:

yoel said...

Great idea to double your yarn! I'm so impressed with how much you're knitting!

bmash said...

I love Crafty Girl's recycling of her backpack. I bet there are many perfectly good backpacks sitting in closets only because they are "last year's" model!

You go Crafty Girl!

Anonymous said...

All the best to you, Annemarie!!!
Have a good time at school, we are thinking of you! Nice bagpack, good idea!!! Doris

Anonymous said...

Good move on adding the mohair, that is cool. Love Crafty-Girl's backpack will she add sheep or wool/yarn motifs?

Jody said...

It looks like Crafty Girl is a designer just waiting to blossom! Great job!