I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Monday, October 27, 2008

wooly guys, and random monday items.

There was a new booth at Rhinebeck this year that had these guys on display:


You could tell that a lot of helpers had made a whole village full of gnomes.
Each one had their own personality.

I ended up getting the kit to make one, for $20.

I should have just bought one, they were $22 all finished.
My needlefelting skills will be challenged!
~~~~~~~
In other news, Crafty Girl had to be treated for a case of hot tub folliculitis last week, after she had spent time at a friend's house. It seemed like fun at the time... Then she had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic, and we ran to the doctor again. She is back in school today, but we need to be vigilant about this rash. It could take weeks.
~~~~~~
Eight days until the election. I don't know about you, but I really want it to be over already.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What booth were those gnomes in? I must have missed them in my quick aisle races. Small with a string in their hats may make them a candidate for this year's ubiquitous Christmas gift.
Year ago when the children were small, a time I often refer to as "The Days of the Poverty," I'd make the family a dozen homemade ornaments as their gift. That's what anyone who had a tree got. Seems those days have returned.

Anonymous said...

What is that? The HTF? Yikes. It sounds really uncomfortable. Send her my best wishes.

P.S. The gnomes are super cute. Your's will be too!

magnusmog said...

Hot tub folliculitis? That sounds bad, hope the daughter feels better soon :)

Maybe a gnome would cheer her up ?!