I knit. And I cook, write, take pictures. All for one low price.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Look Ma, no pattern!

This is the cardigan I finished in May, except for the buttons. I just put them on, finally.
I did not use a pattern, but rather used my gauge swatch and my desired size to knit it. I didn't even write it down...but I do remember using

Greenwood Hill Farm Merino, color Pewter (bought at one of the sheep and wool fest a couple of years ago);
I used the 3 strand worsted, and the website tells me that that particular yarn has been replaced with a different ply.
Size 6 and 7 needles.
It's completely seamless, worked in one piece from the bottom up.
The yarn is a treat! So soft...itch free!




Just a straight and boxy everyday kind of cardigan. I picked up for the sleeves at the top and worked them in the round.





I did a 3-needle bind-off at the shoulders.



That's all! I sure am glad it's done.
Well, I supppose I ought to block it, too...but it's so comfy, I don't even want to take it off.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

lovely color and I'm quite taken with the basketweave for ribbing and collar. Sometimes things are better left unblocked I think.

Anonymous said...

Show the mittens! especially the ones from the yarn you spun!

LOVE the cardigan! Am making progress on my blue sky. Hopefully will be done with the back in the next week or so. Keep your fingers crossed.

Elise

Anonymous said...

It looks like the perfect sweater to have on.

Re The Question, by the way: my brother builds custom guitars, and for him, The Question is, how long does it take you to make them?

The only answer he's ever been able to come up with, is, As long as it takes. He felt better when he watched another person in his field get asked the same thing and answer the same way.

As long as it takes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karin,
Love the cardi. Mostly I'm just trying to get in touch (your old e-mail address bounces).

The mindful knitting retreat I mentioned a while ago is finally starting to take shape and I'd like to invite your participation as one of the organizers / teachers if you are interested. It's being planned for late January / early February at a lodge in Rosendale, NY right on top of the Shawangunk ridge. If you are interested let me know - you have my e-mail or if not contact me via Teri.

It would be wonderful to work with you on this,
dina